- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Salmon Patties Recipe Video
|Canola oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for deep frying)|
|Instant mashed potatoes||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs), divided (1 cup for patties and 1/4 cup for coating)|
|Onion||1 Medium, finely chopped|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Lemon||1 , juiced|
|Eggs||6 , divided (4 for the patties, 2 for egg wash)|
|Season salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||To Taste|
|Lemon wedges||4 Medium|
Calories 529 Calories from Fat 424
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 48 g73.6%
Saturated Fat 5.6 g28%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 317.2 mg105.7%
Sodium 808.8 mg33.7%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g11%
Sugars 3.4 g
Protein 12 g23%
Vitamin A 13.8% Vitamin C 42.2%
Calcium 7% Iron 10.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a skillet, pour in the oil to cover the bottom of skillet to reach about 1 centimetre high, and preheat it on medium high heat.
2. In a shallow bowl, break 2 eggs and beat well.
3. In a plate, place ¼ cup of mashed potatoes, for coating.
4. In a bowl, put the salmon without any juice and break in flakes, check and remove bones or skin if any.
5. Add in the 1 cup of mashed potato, onion, parsley, lemon juice, 4 eggs, and seasoning.
6. With clean hands, mash all the ingredients together until well combined.
7. Press and shape the salmon mixture into patties, about hamburger size.
8. Dip the salmon patties in egg wash and then dredge in mashed potatoes.
9. Carefully place the patties in hot oil, 2 at a time and allow to fry for about 2 minutes on each side.
10. Remove and place on a plate lined with paper towel, to drain excess oil.
11. Serve hot with lemon wedges.