- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Salmon Neptune Recipe Video
|Salmon fillet||4 Ounce, skin removed (4)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Sea salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Minced garlic||1 Teaspoon (packed in olive oil)|
|Fresh tarragon/Dill weed||1 Tablespoon, chop|
|Shallot||1 , diced (for sauce)|
|Baby shrimp||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked (for sauce)|
|Bouillon||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs) (for sauce)|
|Organic salt free white wine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (for sauce)|
|Fresh lemon juice||1 Tablespoon (for sauce)|
|Cream cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (for sauce)|
|Puff pastry sheet/Phyllo pastry||1 , frozen (13x20cm)|
|Melted butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (if using phyllo)|
Calories 312 Calories from Fat 221
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38%
Saturated Fat 10.5 g52.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 73.8 mg24.6%
Sodium 1199.4 mg50%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.65 g2.6%
Sugars 0.7 g
Protein 9 g17.7%
Vitamin A 15.8% Vitamin C 7.9%
Calcium 7.8% Iron 10.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 400 degree F.
2. Grease a baking sheet with cooking spray, and line it with parchment paper. Set it aside.
3. Cut pastry sheet into four equal parts. Apply butter if using phyllo.
4. Place a salmon fillet on the centre of each sheet.
5. Sprinkle olive oil, lemon, minced garlic, salt and pepper on it.
6. Top it with fresh herbs.
7. Wrap salmon with sheet in envelope style as shown in the video.
8. Brush melted butter on it to seal.
9. Place wrapped salmon pieces on baking sheet, seam side down. Lightly brush the top with butter.
10. Pop it in oven, and bake for 15 minutes.
11. Reduce the oven temperature to 325 degree F, and bake for another 15 minutes or until pastry is flaky and golden brown.
12. In the mean time, for sauce, place a sauce pan on heat, pour olive oil, and sauté shallots in it until soft and caramelized.
13. Add shrimp, stir, and cook until they are warmed through.
14. Put salt, chicken stock, wine, and lemon juice in it. Simmer and cook until the liquid reduced by half.
15. Drop cream cheese, and stir until smooth.
16. Top salmon bundles with sauce, and serve immediately with parsley garnish.