- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Salmon Mousse Using Vegetable Broth Recipe
|Unflavored gelatin||2 Tablespoon (2 Envelopes)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vegetable broth||1 Teaspoon|
|Instant vegetable broth||1 Teaspoon (1 Envelope)|
|Canned salmon||1 Pound (1 Can)|
|Celery||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), finely chopped|
|Pepper red||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped, seeded|
|Red pepper flakes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Onion||2 Tablespoon, grated|
|Mayonnaise/Salad dressing||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
Calories 350 Calories from Fat 238
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40.7%
Saturated Fat 2.6 g13.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 59 mg
Sodium 409.1 mg17%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g1.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.7%
Sugars 0.8 g
Protein 22 g43.9%
Vitamin A 20.6% Vitamin C 33.4%
Calcium 2.7% Iron 5.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a medium saucepan, soften the gelatin in 1 cup water, stir continuously and heat until the gelatin is dissolved.
2) Turn off the heat, allow to cool, then stir in 2 tablespoons lemon juice. Reserve 3/4 cup of this mixture.
3) Stir 1 cup of water and instant vegetable broth into rest of the mixture in the saucepan, stir continuously and heat, until just hot.
4) Drain and flake the salmon, discard the bones and skin.
5) In a medium bowl, add the salmon, celery, red pepper, parsley, grated onion, salt and mayonnaise or salad dressing. Then stir in the reserved 3/4 cup gelatin mixture.
6) In a 6-cup fish-shape mold, pour 1/2 of the gelatin mixture at the bottom, then place and allow to stand in a large pan of ice and water.
7) Turn the mold to form a thin coat of gelatin on the bottom and sides of the mold.
8) Spoon and spread the salmon mixture into the gelatin-coated mold and cover the entire mold. Then refrigerate for 4 hours until firm.
9) Turn on a chilled serving plate, gently lift off the mold, garnish with the sliced cucumbers and red peppers then serve with the mayonnaise or salad dressing, if desired.