- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Salmon Hash Recipe
|Canned salmon||15 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Serrano/Other hot chile||1⁄2|
|Red onion||4 Ounce, sliced|
|Bread crumbs||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Ground coriander||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Corn oil/Safflower / canola oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh cilantro leaves||2 Tablespoon|
|Salsa||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Green Or Red As Needed)|
|8 inch flour tortillas||4|
|Plain low fat yogurt/Nonfat yogurt||4 Tablespoon|
|Red onion||2 Ounce, finely chopped to make 1/3 cup|
|Tomatillos/Plum tomatoes||12 Ounce|
|Cilantro leaves||2 Tablespoon|
|Lime juice||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 918 Calories from Fat 353
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g61.1%
Saturated Fat 1.9 g9.6%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 56.7 mg
Sodium 2054.7 mg85.6%
Total Carbohydrates 75 g24.9%
Dietary Fiber 9.5 g37.9%
Sugars 18.2 g
Protein 55 g109.1%
Vitamin A 51.6% Vitamin C 65.7%
Calcium 21.6% Iron 24.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Wash the salmon in cold water and skin it.
2) Slice the chilli in half and discard the seeds.
3) Set aside the other half for salsa.
4) Preheat the oven or toaster oven to 400°F.
Green Or Red Salsa
5) Cut the chilli into half.
6) In the food processor; place the cut-up chile half and process until well minced.
7) Put in the onion and process for half a minute to mince coarsely.
8) Add in the tomatoes or plum tomatoes and chop coarsely.
9) Stir the lime juice and cilantro into the tomato mixture, set aside.
10) In the food processor, place the onion and half of the chilli.
11) Process the onion mixture on low speed foe 1 minute or just until coarsely minced.
12) Put the salmon, bread crumbs, cinnamon, cumin, cloves and coriander in the food processor.
13) Process the salmon mixture until paste is formed. If needed add more crumbs to make patty that will hold its shape.
14) Make 4 patties with the salmon mixture.
15) In a non-stick pan, heat oil and saute patties on both sides until browned.
16) Cut the whole cilantro leaves from stems for garnish.
17) Heat the tortillas under a broiler for few seconds.
18) Cover the tortillas in aluminium foil.
19) Place the tortillas in the oven for 10-15 minutes, keep warm.
20) Arrange the patties on warm tortillas with salsa.
21) Garnish with yogurt and cilantro leaves and serve hot.