- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Salmon Fishcakes Recipe
|Salmon||1 Can (10 oz), drained|
|Onion||1 , finely chopped|
|Leftover mashed potatoes||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fresh ground pepper||To Taste|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Breadcrumbs/Cornmeal||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 224 Calories from Fat 79
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.6%
Saturated Fat 1.7 g8.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 142.6 mg
Sodium 117.5 mg4.9%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.3%
Sugars 1.8 g
Protein 19 g38.5%
Vitamin A 10.4% Vitamin C 21.9%
Calcium 4.1% Iron 8.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Into a large bowl add equal parts of mashed potato and the salmon, add the chopped onion, pepper, parsley and 1 egg and mix together well with a fork.
2. In a bowl beat up the other egg and dip spoonfuls of the fish mixture into the egg and then into the breadcrumbs or cornmeal.
3. In a frypan heat up the oil, put in the fishcakes and pat down.
4. Cook over medium heat until brown and crusty on both sides
5. Serve fishcakes with tomato ketchup or salsa.