- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Salmon En Papillote Recipe
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Couscous||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Yellow squash||1 Small, cut into julienned strips to make 1 cup|
|Fresh salmon fillet||1⁄2 Pound, bones removed and cut into 2 pieces|
|Peeled diced plum tomatoes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh dill/1/4 teaspoon dried dill weed||2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped fresh tarragon/1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves||2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped fresh chives||2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped fresh parsley||2 Teaspoon|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Dilled wine sauce||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 437 Calories from Fat 88
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.7%
Saturated Fat 1.8 g8.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 164.7 mg
Sodium 406.8 mg17%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.6%
Dietary Fiber 6 g23.9%
Sugars 7 g
Protein 36 g72.9%
Vitamin A 37.3% Vitamin C 36.8%
Calcium 12.4% Iron 24.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Fold 2 large pieces of parchment paper into half and cut out half-heart shape from each.
2. Combine the herbs in a small bowl.
3. Preheat oven to 350°F.
4. Make the couscous by combine water, oil, salt and black pepper in small saucepan.
5. Bring to a boil then stir in couscous
6. Take pan off heat and cover with tight fitting lid.
7. Let cook in steam for about 5 minutes until couscous is dry and fluffy.
8. Open heart halves and lay on a work table.
9. On one side of each heart, spoon 1/2 cup couscous
10. Top with half the squash, 1 piece salmon, 1/2 cup tomato and half the herb mixture.
11. Brush outer edges of hearts with egg.
12. Fold other half over the salmon and vegetables.
13. Seal edges by crimping.
14. Arrange packages on baking sheet
15. Bake in preheated oven for 14 minutes.
16. Remove and serve immediately
17. Place one parcel on each dinner plate.
18. Use a sharp knife to cut a cross on top of each parcel to let steam escape.
19. Pull corners back to open out the package and dig in with your fork.