- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Salmon En Croute Recipe
|Skinless salmon fillets||3 Pound (Two Pieces, Approximately 1 1/2 Pound Each)|
|Heavy cream||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped dill||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Boiled ham slices||3 (Thin Pieces)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2134 Calories from Fat 729
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 81 g124.9%
Saturated Fat 18.5 g92.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 935.3 mg
Sodium 1430.6 mg59.6%
Total Carbohydrates 44 g14.7%
Dietary Fiber 11.7 g46.8%
Sugars 9.7 g
Protein 300 g599%
Vitamin A 118% Vitamin C 81.9%
Calcium 37.2% Iron 123.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 425 °F.
1. Wash the asparagus, trim them nicely and tie them in bundle. Place them upright in pan with lightly salted water for about 10-15 minutes until the tips become tender.
2. Drain the asparagus and nip off their soft tips, pass these tips through a coarse sieve or puree them in blender.
3. Add dill and cream to the asparagus puree and sprinkle freshly ground pepper over it for seasoning.
4. Pour the asparagus puree over one salmon fillet and top it with other. Pour the remaining puree over the second fillet.
5. Wrap it with ham slices and keep it aside.
6. Spread the puff pastry over floured surface to appear like a rectangle measuring 12 inches by 10 inches.
7. Whisk the egg yolk very lightly and add it with milk and use it to brush the sides of the pastry.
8. Use more egg to seal along the long edges.
9. Fold off the short ends very neatly and seal it with egg.
10. Take a wet baking sheet and arrange the salmon over it and place it with the seam beneath.
11. Create steam vent beneath the pastry to allow the steam to escape. Adorn it with the top leaves that were saved from pastry trimmings.
12. Brush milk and leftover egg over it.
13. Bake for about 20 minutes at 425 °F and lower the heat to 375°F and bake for about 20-25 minutes until the pastry turns golden brown.
14. Serve immediately or cold slices of salmon and garnish it with lemon wedges. Traditionally new potatoes tossed with dill and butter and cucumber salad are served as accompaniments to this dish.