- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Salmon Chowder Recipe
|Shallots||2 , slivered|
|Dried tarragon||1 Teaspoon|
|White pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Chicken stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Salmon steaks||2 Pound (1 Inch Thick)|
|Lemon extract||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Bacon slices||1⁄4 Pound, cut into 1/2 inch pieces|
|Cabbage||1⁄4 Small, cored and shredded|
|Whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 686 Calories from Fat 374
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 42 g64.5%
Saturated Fat 22 g109.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 236.1 mg
Sodium 730.7 mg30.4%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g4.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.59 g2.4%
Sugars 6.1 g
Protein 51 g102.4%
Vitamin A 15.6% Vitamin C 12.9%
Calcium 9.9% Iron 15.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Add salmon steaks in a single layer, pour in wine. Cover and cook over low heat until salmon flakes when tested with a fork (10 to 12 minutes).
3. Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, cook bacon in its own drippings until lightly browned. Remove from heat, drain on paper towel. Break each into bits.
4. Remove and discard bay leaf. Remove salmon steaks; discard salmon bones and skin and divide salmon into chunks and set aside.
5. Add cabbage and cream to soup. Stir occasionally over medium heat until cabbage is wilted and bright green (3 to 5 minutes). Gently mix in salmon. Taste, and add salt if needed.
6. Serve chowder hot, spooning several pieces of bacon into each bowl.