- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Salmon Cakes Recipe
|Finely chopped onion||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Finely chopped celery||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Finely chopped red bell pepper||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Low calorie oat bread slices||3 , made into crumbs, divided (40 Calories Per Slice)|
|Canned salmon in water||2 Ounce|
|Frozen egg substitute||2 Tablespoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Hot sauce||1 Dash|
Calories 166 Calories from Fat 36
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.6%
Saturated Fat 0.32 g1.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 7.4 mg
Sodium 336.3 mg14%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.4%
Sugars 4.2 g
Protein 11 g22.9%
Vitamin A 18.1% Vitamin C 57.6%
Calcium 4.9% Iron 7.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a nonstick skillet of size 9 inches and heat nonstick cooking spray in it.
2) Add the celery, bell pepper and onion and cook over medium-high flame for 2 minutes, stirring often until the onions become soft.
3) Remove to a medium sized mixing bowl.
4) Retain ½ cup of the bread crumbs and mix the, hot sauce, egg substitute, salmon, vegetable mixture, Worcestershire sauce, pepper and remaining bread crumbs together and mix thoroughly.
5) Fashion it into 2 patties of equal size
6) Take a sheet of wax paper and dredge the patties in the retained bread crumbs coating both sides evenly.
7) Add nonstick cooking spray to the skillet after wiping it dry and cook the patties over medium flame taking 5 minutes for each side until they become brown in color.
8) Serve as required.