- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Salmon Boats Recipe
|Piecrust mix stick||2|
|Canned salmon||7 3⁄4 Ounce, drained, boned, and flaked (1 Can)|
|Mayonnaise/Salad dressing||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Drained capers||1 Tablespoon|
|Prepared mustard||2 Teaspoon|
|Pimiento||2 , cut in strips|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 981 Calories from Fat 664
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 74 g113.5%
Saturated Fat 5.3 g26.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 107.3 mg
Sodium 1678.9 mg70%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g7.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.4%
Sugars 3.7 g
Protein 45 g89.4%
Vitamin A 70.2% Vitamin C 187.9%
Calcium 7.7% Iron 13.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2) Prepare the piecrust mix as per the instructions on the package and halve the pastry.
3) On a large foil sheet, roll each pastry half into a 12 1/2 x 9-inch rectangle and the cut pastry and foil together into 2 1/2 x 1 1/2-inch rectangular shapes.
4) Fold the rectangular shapes lengthwise in half and seal by pinching their ends together.
5) In an ungreased baking sheet, place the shapes, press slightly to form a "boat." and prick the bottom with a fork.
6) Bake in the preheated oven for 7-8 minutes, until golden and remove the foil.
7) In a bowl, mix the mayonnaise or salad dressing, capers, salmon and mustard together.
8) Spoon 1 teaspoonful of the salmon mixture in each baked boat.
Garnish with the pimiento strips and serve immediately.