- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Salmon & Avocado Salad Recipe
|New potatoes||1 Pound (450 Gram)|
|Salmon steaks||16 Ounce (4 Steaks, 4 Ounce / 115 Gram Each)|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , juiced|
|Baby spinach leaves||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Mixed salad greens||4 1⁄2 Ounce (125 Gram, Small Greens, Including Watercress)|
|Cherry tomatoes||12 , halved|
|Chopped walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Scant)|
|Unsweetened apple juice||3 Tablespoon (Clear)|
|Balsamic vinegar||1 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1573 Calories from Fat 735
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 84 g129.2%
Saturated Fat 10 g50.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 235.9 mg
Sodium 1679.2 mg70%
Total Carbohydrates 94 g31.2%
Dietary Fiber 31.1 g124.5%
Sugars 18 g
Protein 113 g225.4%
Vitamin A 166.1% Vitamin C 257.7%
Calcium 37.7% Iron 56.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Meanwhile, preheat the broiler to medium. Cook the salmon steaks under the preheated broiler for 10-15 minutes, depending on the thickness of the steaks, turning halfway through cooking. Remove from the broiler and keep warm.
3. While the potatoes and salmon are cooking, cut the avocado in half, remove and discard the pit, and peel the flesh. Cut the avocado flesh into slices and coat in the lemon juice to prevent it discoloring.
4. Toss the spinach leaves and mixed salad greens together in a large serving bowl until combined. Arrange 6 cherry tomato halves on each plate of salad.
5. Remove and discard the skin and any bones from the salmon. Flake the salmon and divide between the plates along with the potatoes. Sprinkle the walnuts over the salads.
6. To make the dressing, mix the apple juice and vinegar together in a small bowl or pitcher and season well with pepper. Drizzle over the salads and serve at once.