- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Salmon and Spaghetti Casserole Recipe
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Hot chicken broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Dry sherry||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canned salmon||15 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Light cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sliced mushrooms||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Spaghetti||1⁄2 Pound, cooked|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Bread crumbs/Cereal crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 1537 Calories from Fat 715
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 81 g124.7%
Saturated Fat 40.6 g203%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 234.9 mg
Sodium 2358.8 mg98.3%
Total Carbohydrates 121 g40.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.7%
Sugars 2.1 g
Protein 75 g150.5%
Vitamin A 37% Vitamin C 0.32%
Calcium 44.8% Iron 35%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) With half of the butter, flour and chicken broth, make a sauce and season it with salt, pepper and a good pinch of nutmeg.
3) Add in the liquid from the salmon as well as the sherry and cook over low flame for about 5 minutes. Stir in the cream, adjust the seasoning, sauté the mushrooms in the remaining butter, and add to the sauce.
4) In a shallow casserole, put the cooked spaghetti which has been mixed with half of the sauce. Flake the sauce and mix it with the sauce which has been left behind. Pour all over the spaghetti.
5) Sprinkle the breadcrumbs and cheese which have been mixed together all over the spaghetti and cook for about 20 minutes or till the preparation has browned properly.
6) Serve hot.