- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Salmon With Dill And Caper Béarnaise Sauce Recipe
|Pastry sheets||17 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Box)|
|Salmon fillets||8 , cut 2-inches square-by-1-inch-thick (With Skin But No Scales)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Lemon||1 , juiced|
|Butter||2 Cup (32 tbs), melted|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Dried dill weed||1 Tablespoon|
|Tarragon vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 801 Calories from Fat 490
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 55 g85.2%
Saturated Fat 30.8 g154.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 344.4 mg
Sodium 526.4 mg21.9%
Total Carbohydrates 41 g13.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.6%
Sugars 1.4 g
Protein 39 g77.7%
Vitamin A 40.4% Vitamin C 15.5%
Calcium 14.1% Iron 24.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Lightly dust a board with flour and roll out pastry sheets 1/8 inch-thick.
3) Cut each sheet into 4 squares.
4) Arrange one salmon fillet, skin side up, over each pastry square.
5) Wrap the pastry around fillet and brush edges with egg and seal.
6) Lay the pastry parcels on cookie sheet, seam side down.
7) Apply beaten egg using brush.
8) Bake in the oven for 30 minutes until golden brown.
9) In the top part of double boiler, beat egg yolks and lemon juice until well-blended.
10) Put the bowl over bottom half of double boiler and cook slowly over very low heat, not allowing water to boil.
11) While still beating stream in melted butter slowly, stir using a wooden spoon.
12) Season the egg mixture with salt, pepper, capers, parsley, dill, and vinegar.
13) Stir the egg mixture until well blended.
14) Spoon the béarnaise sauce on serving plate and place the pastry parcel over the sauce.
15) Serve hot with small mixed salad on side.