- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Salmon and Asparagus Chantilly Recipe
|Canned salmon||14 Ounce (440 Grams)|
|Milk||2 Tablespoon (Or As Required)|
|Shallot||2 Teaspoon, finely chopped|
|Plain flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Parsley||2 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Prepared mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Hard-boiled eggs||3 , sliced|
|Canned asparagus spears||11 Ounce (1 Can / 340 Grams)|
|Soft white breadcrumbs||2 Tablespoon|
|Cheese||2 Tablespoon, grated|
|Parsley||2 Teaspoon (Or As Required)|
Calories 270 Calories from Fat 142
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.5%
Saturated Fat 4.9 g24.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 155.7 mg
Sodium 639.3 mg26.6%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g3.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.3%
Sugars 1.4 g
Protein 19 g38.9%
Vitamin A 21.1% Vitamin C 26.3%
Calcium 8.1% Iron 6.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Drain the Salmon liquid, discard the skin and bones and lightly flake the Salmon.
3) Measure the salmon liquid and level up to 2 cups with milk.
4) In a saucepan, saute the onion or shallot in butter until soft and transparent.
5) Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute.
6) Pour in the milk, stir constantly and cook until the sauce comes to a boil and acquires a thick consistency.
7) Then remove from heat and stir in the parsley, mustard, mayonnaise, salt and pepper.
8) In a lightly greased casserole, spoon a layer of the sauce, then arrange alternate layers of salmon, sliced egg and asparagus.
9) Cover with rest of the sauce and sprinkle the top with a mixture grated cheese and breadcrumbs.
10) Bake in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes or until the top is lightly browned.
11) Garnish the Salmon and Asparagus Chantilly with lemon wedges and parsley and serve hot.