- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sally'S West Coast Chili Recipe
|Bacon||1 Pound, diced|
|Beef stew meat||2 Pound, cut into 1/4-inch cubes|
|Onions||2 Medium, chopped|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), minced|
|Barbecue sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chili sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned whole tomatoes||48 Ounce, chopped (3 Cans, 16 Ounce Each)|
|Beef bouillon cubes||4|
|Chili powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Baking unsweetened cocoa||1 Tablespoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Dijon mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Cumin||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Canned kidney beans||48 Ounce, rinsed and drained (3 Cans, 16 Ounce Each)|
|Cheddar cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), shredded (As Required)|
Calories 1006 Calories from Fat 389
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 44 g67.3%
Saturated Fat 12.6 g62.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 147.3 mg
Sodium 2571.1 mg107.1%
Total Carbohydrates 100 g33.5%
Dietary Fiber 18.4 g73.7%
Sugars 43.8 g
Protein 66 g132.8%
Vitamin A 62.5% Vitamin C 68.6%
Calcium 32.4% Iron 48.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large kettle or Dutch oven, cook the bacon until crisp, drain on paper towel.
2) In 3 tablespoons of the drippings, sear the beef stew meat until brown.
3) Stir in the onions and garlic, saute until the onions are soft.
4) Return the bacon into the kettle, then stir in rest of the ingredients except the kidney beans and cheese.
5) Bring to a boil, then simmer covered on a low heat for about 3-4 hours, until the beef is tender.
6) Stir in the beans and simmer until thoroughly heated.
7) Sprinkle with shredded cheese and serve immediately.