- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Salisbury Steak with Mushroom Gravy Recipe Video
|Chopped garlic||1 Tablespoon (Place As Much As You Like)|
|Chopped onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Place As Much As You Like)|
|For sauce or gravy|
|Canned mushroom soup||12 Ounce (1 Large Can)|
|Salt||To Taste (To Season Gravy)|
|Pepper||To Taste (To Season Gravy)|
|Ground beef||3 Pound|
|Mushroom soup||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Sliced mushrooms||8 Ounce|
|Half and half||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 2642 Calories from Fat 1951
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 218 g334.7%
Saturated Fat 80.6 g402.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 736.3 mg
Sodium 3083.7 mg128.5%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.6%
Sugars 6.9 g
Protein 132 g263.9%
Vitamin A 15.4% Vitamin C 9.8%
Calcium 22.1% Iron 67.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
- Brown the patties in a pan with some cooking oil. You do not have to cook them fully – just brown the outside. Set aside the cooked the browned patties.
- To prepare the gravy, saute the mushrooms in some cooking oil. When they are cooked, add you cream of mushroom soup.
- Add your half and half and water and let it boil for a couple of minutes. The sauce will thicken.
- Season with Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- Add the browned patties into the gravy.
- Let it simmer in medium low heat for at least 10 minutes or until the patties/meat are cooked all the way through.
- Serve with your favorite starch. Enjoy!
For more information please visit: http://thriftycookingmom.com/