- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Saleeg Recipe Video
|Chicken||3 Pound, cut in half lengthwise (2 (1 1/2 pound) chicken)|
|Onion||1 Small, peeled|
|Sea salt||To Taste|
|Ground pepper||To Taste|
|Rice||2 Cup (32 tbs) ((1-American Rice + 1-Egyptian Rice))|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Ajinomoto||1⁄2 Tablespoon (Optional)|
|Rock sea salt||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 1352 Calories from Fat 675
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 76 g116.6%
Saturated Fat 34.3 g171.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 329.2 mg
Sodium 3233 mg134.7%
Total Carbohydrates 83 g27.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.7%
Sugars 7.4 g
Protein 80 g159.8%
Vitamin A 25.3% Vitamin C 4.1%
Calcium 20.9% Iron 20.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Soak rice in water for 30 minutes.
2. CHICKEN: In a pot place the chicken and pour boiling water to cover. Put in the peppercorns, cardamom, and whole onion.
3. Heat the pot on high, cover and cook for around 30 minutes or until the chicken is completely done.
4. Transfer the chicken into a baking dish. Set aside.
5. Retain the water and discard the onions.
6. Brush the chicken with softened butter and season with sea salt and pepper.
7. To the pot with retained water, add the soaked rice. Cover and cook on medium-high / high heat for around 30 minutes stirring occasionally to avoid the rice from sticking to the bottom (add more water if required, it should be in a soup like consistency).
8. Add the milk, butter, ajinomoto, and rock sea salt. Mix.
9. Remove the cover and continue cooking for another 10 minutes.
10. Place the chicken in the oven and broil for a few minutes or till it becomes crispy.
11. In a large shallow and flat serving dish, pour the rice. Drizzle the butter from the chicken and brush it with ghee/ smen (clarified butter) for the unique flavor. Serve immediately and hot.