- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Salami and Cucumber Open Sandwich Recipe
|French bread loaf||1 , sliced into halves lengthwise (12 To 16 Inches Long)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), softened|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Pimiento cream cheese||3 Ounce, softened|
|Finely chopped scallion||2 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped dill||2 Tablespoon (Fresh)|
|Finely chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Capers||1 Tablespoon, drained and finely chopped|
|Salami slice||12 , halved|
|Cucumber||12 , 1/8 inch thickly sliced and then halved|
|Black olives||3 , pitted and each cut into 8 slices|
Calories 218 Calories from Fat 117
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.2%
Saturated Fat 4.5 g22.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 21.8 mg7.3%
Sodium 376.2 mg15.7%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g7%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.2%
Sugars 2.9 g
Protein 7 g13.9%
Vitamin A 12.9% Vitamin C 14.6%
Calcium 6.7% Iron 8.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and milk and mix well.
2. Place cream cheese mixture in a disposable piping bag/ pastry big which is fit with a 4 no size nozzle.
3. In a medium sized bowl, combine mayonnaise with capers, parsley, dill and scallion. Mix well.
4. Apply butter and mayonnaise mixture on both slices of bread.
5. Place buttered slices on a chopping board.
6. On the right hand side corner of both slices, place cucumber slices in an overlapped fashion.
7. On the left hand side of both slices, place salami slices lengthwise in an overlapped fashion.
8. Pipe out decorative designs at the centre of each slice, lengthwise, using the cream cheese mixture.
9. Garnish black olives on top of cream cheese.
10. Cut each loaf slice into 6 equal pieces and place on a serving platter.
11. Serve with iced tea of your choice.