- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Salad Nicoise With Garlic-Flavored French Dressing Recipe
|Green beans||1⁄2 Pound|
|Head of lettuce||1|
|Garlic dressing||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned tuna||1 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Canned anchovy fillets||2 Ounce (2 Can)|
|Black olives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1027 Calories from Fat 664
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 75 g115.5%
Saturated Fat 12.3 g61.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 458.1 mg
Sodium 3788 mg157.8%
Total Carbohydrates 64 g21.3%
Dietary Fiber 20.5 g81.9%
Sugars 25.2 g
Protein 41 g81.8%
Vitamin A 566.2% Vitamin C 294.3%
Calcium 32.7% Iron 42.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Hard boil eggs for 8-10 minutes. Plunge in cold water. Shell and quarter them. Keep aside.
2) Trim beans and wash.
3) Skin tomatoes and cut into quarters.
4) Skin and slice onions thinly. Break it into individual rings.
5) Wash lettuce and pat dry.
6) Wash pepper, core and deseed, slice thinly.
7) In a pan boil salted water and cook beans for 5-8 minutes. Drain.
8) In a shallow bowl add half the French dressing. Toss shredded lettuce and beans in it.
9) Flake the tuna. Arrange it along with drained anchovy fillets, olives, green pepper, and onion rings over lettuce and beans.
10) Place quartered tomatoes on the sides and decorate with hard-cooked eggs.
11) Sprinkle remaining dressing on top and serve immediately.