- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Salad De Moules Au Kari Recipe
|Long grain rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Long-grain rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dry white wine||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Large, finely chopped|
|Curry powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Shrimp||1⁄4 Pound, peeled and deveined|
|Firm tomatoes||2 , sliced|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||5 Tablespoon|
|Shallot||1 , finely chopped|
|Crisp lettuce leaves||6 (For Garnish)|
Calories 707 Calories from Fat 184
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g31.9%
Saturated Fat 3.3 g16.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 117 mg
Sodium 1013.6 mg42.2%
Total Carbohydrates 71 g23.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.6%
Sugars 4 g
Protein 47 g94.3%
Vitamin A 50.6% Vitamin C 83.9%
Calcium 14.5% Iron 83.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cook rice in salted water until tender-firm.
2. Drain thoroughly and let it cool.
3. Clean mussels and remove beards.
4. In a large heavy pan, place mussels and add wine, onion, and curry powder.
5. Cover pan with tight fitting lid and steam the mussels over high heat, shaking pan frequently, until mussels have all opened. Discard any that don't open.
6. Shell mussels over pan to catch any liquid.
7. Strain liquid through cheesecloth.
8. Return strained liquid to a clean pan and add shrimp
9. Simmer for 15 minutes.
10. Drain, reserving liquor
11. In a large bowl combine shrimp, rice, mussels, tomatoes and parsley. Toss well to mix.
12. Return shrimp cooking liquid to a small pan and heat until reduced to 3 tablespoons.
13. Use the reduced liquor to make vinaigrette, adding wine vinegar, olive oil, shallot, salt and pepper, and beating with a fork until ingredients are well blended.
14. Pour over salad and toss lightly to mix.
15. Cover bowl and refrigerate salad to blend flavors and chill.
16. Line a serving bowl or individual plates with lettuce leaves.
17. Heap the salad and serve chilled.