- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Salade De Homard En Petits Pains Recipe
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Riesling wine/Similar white wine||750 Milliliter (1 Bottle)|
|Sea salt||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Peppercorns||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Bay leaves||2 , crushed|
|Lemons||1 , sliced|
|Dijon style mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Aged red wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon (Preferably Beauford Champagne Vinegar)|
|Extra-virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Freshly ground sea salt||1 Pinch (Or To Taste)|
|Freshly ground white pepper||To Taste|
|Prepared horseradish||2 Tablespoon, drained|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Homemade Or Hellman's)|
|French breads/Kaiser-style rolls||6 Small (Also Called Petits Pains)|
|English thyme/Any fresh thyme||1 Tablespoon|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Chives||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Kalamata olives||6 , sliced (As Needed)|
|Almonds||8 Ounce, slivered and toasted|
|Watercress/Fresh spinach / romaine lettuce- as needed||1 , stems removed|
Calories 1409 Calories from Fat 292
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 65 g100.3%
Saturated Fat 8.1 g40.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 37.4 mg
Sodium 4004.3 mg166.8%
Total Carbohydrates 83 g27.6%
Dietary Fiber 12.1 g48.3%
Sugars 31 g
Protein 31 g62.6%
Vitamin A 10.2% Vitamin C 30.3%
Calcium 22.1% Iron 42.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Slice the petits pains in half, lengthwise, and scoop out most of the dough, set aside.
2) In a stockpot, prepare court bouillon by mixing the first 6 ingredients.
3) Allow to cook for 20 minutes.
4) Place the lobster and simmer 15 minutes until barely cooked.
5) Take the pot off the heat and allow to cool.
6) In a bowl, whisk together mustard and vinegar, slowly add oil to make an emulsion, and whisk continuously.
7) While still whisking add egg yolks, one at a time, until blended.
8) Mix in garlic, sea salt, white pepper, horseradish, and mayonnaise; stir well.
9) Carefully remove the lobster meat from shell; cut into 1-inch chunks.
10) Place the lobster meat into the dressing, for less than 30 minutes; otherwise, lobster will be tough.
11) Stir in the thyme, parsley, chives, olives, and almonds to the lobster mixture.
12) Line each sandwich with watercress and palace on serving plate.
13) Top the watercress with lobster mixture, and garnish with a few truffle slices.
Use only the amount of dressing needed to incorporate the lobster.