- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Thanksgiving Recipe - Moroccan Salad of Sweet Potatoes and Raisins Recipe Video
|Sweet potato||1 Pound, peeled, cubed|
|Raisins||5 Ounce, soaked in water|
|Turmeric powder||1 Pinch|
|Salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Cinnamon powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Cooking oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Water||5 Cup (80 tbs) (as required)|
Calories 317 Calories from Fat 102
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g17.7%
Saturated Fat 1.6 g8.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 190.7 mg7.9%
Total Carbohydrates 55 g18.2%
Dietary Fiber 5.1 g20.4%
Sugars 28.8 g
Protein 3 g5.9%
Vitamin A 321.8% Vitamin C 6.3%
Calcium 5.9% Iron 8.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pan, heat oil on medium heat. Add the potatoes, salt and spices.
2. Pour enough water to cover the potatoes. Cover and let it cook for 20 minutes. Check for water and add more if required.
3. After 20 minutes put the soaked raisins, honey and mix well.
4. Pour more water, taste and adjust the seasonings if required.
5. Cover and let it cook for another 10 minutes (check with the fork to see if potatoes are soft). Turn off the heat.
6. In a serving plate, serve the salad either hot or cold accompanied with bread.