- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Salad Parador Recipe
|Swiss chard||2 Pound, well rinsed|
|Spanish olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), minced to make 1 tablespoon|
|Haricots verts||8 Ounce, stem ends trimmed (Thin Green Beans)|
|Cherry tomatoes||8 Ounce, halved|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Large shrimp||1 Pound, peeled and deveined|
|Chopped fresh thyme leaves||2 Tablespoon|
|Balsamic vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
|Brine cured black olives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), drained (Imported)|
|Fresh thyme sprigs||6 (For Garnish)|
|Lemons||3 , halved (For Garnish)|
Calories 280 Calories from Fat 138
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.8%
Saturated Fat 2 g10%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 114.9 mg
Sodium 724.5 mg30.2%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6%
Dietary Fiber 6 g24%
Sugars 4.8 g
Protein 20 g39.6%
Vitamin A 199.8% Vitamin C 147%
Calcium 18.6% Iron 34.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Trim the stems from the Swiss chard leaves and slice the stems 1/2 inch thick on the diagonal. Shred the leaves into 1/4 -inch-thick slivers.
2) In a large non-stick skillet, saute the garlic in 1 tablespoon olive oil for about 1 minute. Stir in the chard stems and saute for about 3 minutes until slightly soft.
3) In a bowl, remove the chard mixture and keep aside.
4) In the skillet, saute the haricots verts in 1 tablespoon olive oil for 4 minutes over a medium heat until tender.
5) Transfer the beans to the chard stems and season with the salt and pepper to taste.
6) In the skillet, saute the cherry tomatoes, shrimp, chopped thyme, salt and pepper to taste in 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes, until the shrimp are thoroughly cooked.
7) In another bowl, remove the shrimp and keep aside.
8) In the skillet, saute half the Swiss chard leaves in 1 teaspoon olive oil for 2 to 3 minutes, stir constantly, until crisp-tender.
9) In another bowl, remove the chard leaves and repeat with rest of the oil and leaves. Toss well with the balsamic vinegar and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
10) On 6 serving plates, spread the chard leaves, then place a few stems and beans. Place the tomatoes and shrimp on top and sprinkle with a few olives.
11) Garnish each plate with a thyme sprig and a lemon half and serve warm.