- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Salad Nicoise Recipe Video
|French beans||100 Gram|
|Cos lettuce||1 Large|
|Tuna in brine||200 Gram, tin|
|Fresh eggs||4 Large|
|Black olives||20 Medium, pitted|
|Sea salt/Pepper||2 Tablespoon (use as per taste)|
|Vinaigrette dressing||2 Tablespoon|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
Calories 259 Calories from Fat 126
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.8%
Saturated Fat 1.9 g9.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 211.5 mg
Sodium 2767.2 mg115.3%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.3%
Dietary Fiber 5.2 g20.8%
Sugars 5.9 g
Protein 19 g37.2%
Vitamin A 235.6% Vitamin C 89.6%
Calcium 8.9% Iron 15.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Preparing the eggs:
1. Hard boil the eggs, shell and cut into quarters lengthways.
2. Place in a dish cover and store in the fridge until required.
Preparing the beans:
3. Top and tail the beans and blanch, refresh and dry them.
4. Place in a dish, cover and store in the fridge until required.
Preparing the tomatoes:
5. Blanch, refresh, skin the tomatoes and cut each tomato into 8 wedges.
6. Place in a dish, cover and store in a fridge until required.
Preparing the tuna:
7. Open the tinned tuna and drain well.
8. Gently break the tuna into chunks, place in a dish, cover and store in a fridge until required.
Preparing the lettuce, onion and parsley:
9. Wash and dry the lettuce well and using your fingers, tear the leaves into bite-size pieces.
10. Peel and finely dice the onion and chop the parsley for garnish.
11. When ready to serve, place the lettuce into a large clean bowl and add enough dressing to coat the lettuce leaves.
12. Add all the other ingredients except the tuna and with clean hands, gently mix the salad together adding any seasoning to your personal taste.
13. Divide the salad nicoise between your bowls and arrange the tuna chunks neatly on top.
14. Drizzle over any remaining dressing and garnish the salad nicoise with a little chopped parsley.