- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Green Beans Salad Nicoise Recipe
|Green beans||8 Ounce|
|Potatoes||12 Ounce, sliced|
|Olive oil/Salad oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|White wine vinegar/White vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Tarragon||1 Teaspoon, snipped|
|Dry mustard||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Boston lettuce leaves||4|
|Salmon/Tuna||8 Ounce, cooked|
|Tuna chunks||9 1⁄4 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Tomatoes||2 Medium, cut into wedges|
|Eggs||2 , cut into wedges|
|Ripe olives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), pitted|
|Green onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), sliced|
Calories 415 Calories from Fat 188
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.8%
Saturated Fat 3.3 g16.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 164.1 mg
Sodium 494.9 mg20.6%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.7%
Dietary Fiber 5.7 g22.8%
Sugars 4.7 g
Protein 31 g62.4%
Vitamin A 35.3% Vitamin C 48.8%
Calcium 7.8% Iron 17.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. To prepare the green beans wash them and if desired, remove ends and strings.
2. In a large covered saucepan or Dutch oven cook the green beans and potatoes in boiling water for 15 to 20 minutes until just tender.
3. Then drain and place them in a medium bowl.
4. With cover let them chill for 2 to 24 hours.
5. To make the dressing in a Tupperware Quick Shake container shake well applying seal and cap after adding the oil, vinegar, sugar, tarragon, dry mustard and pepper.
6. Line 4 dinner plates with lettuce leaves and arrange green beans, potatoes, salmon or tuna, tomatoes, hard-cooked eggs and olives if desired.
7. Sprinkle each serving with green onions and if desired, top with anchovy fillets and garnish with chervil.
8. Shake the dressing well, pour over salads and serve.