- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Salad Nicoise Recipe
|Potatoes||5 Medium, cooked, drained and cooled|
|Fresh green beans||1⁄2 Pound, cooked, drained and cooled|
|Vegetable oil||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Wine vinegar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Prepared mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Instant minced onion||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon, ground|
|Tomatoes||2 Large, sliced|
|Red onion||1 , cubed|
|Green pepper||1 Small, seeded and cubed|
|Ripe olives||6 , halved|
|Hard-cooked eggs||3 , shelled and sliced|
|Canned anchovy fillets||2 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Romaine heads||2 Medium|
|Canned tuna||14 Ounce, drained, broken into chunks (1 Can)|
Calories 882 Calories from Fat 463
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 52 g80.2%
Saturated Fat 7.9 g39.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 206.6 mg
Sodium 1613.2 mg67.2%
Total Carbohydrates 61 g20.2%
Dietary Fiber 12.3 g49.3%
Sugars 10 g
Protein 47 g93.2%
Vitamin A 363.3% Vitamin C 196.3%
Calcium 20.9% Iron 38.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a shallow dish, peel, thickly slice and place the potatoes.
2) In another shallow dish, place the green beans.
3) In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, add the garlic, mustard, parsley, onion, oil, salt and pepper, then shake well to mix.
4) Drizzle 1/2 cup dressing over the potatoes and 2 tablespoonfuls over the beans, then allow to stand for minimum 30 minutes.
5) In a large salad bowl, arrange layers of vegetables, eggs, anchovies and romaine. Top with the tuna, pour over rest of the dressing and toss lightly to blend.
6) Spoon on individual serving plates and serve immediately.