- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sago Melon Recipe
|Honeydew melon||1 Kilogram, removed skin and seeds|
|Sago||200 Gram, soaked|
|Coconut milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Ice cubes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 638 Calories from Fat 197
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g36.2%
Saturated Fat 20.6 g103.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 302.3 mg12.6%
Total Carbohydrates 110 g36.6%
Dietary Fiber 4.6 g18.3%
Sugars 62.7 g
Protein 4 g7.3%
Vitamin A 2.5% Vitamin C 79.5%
Calcium 4.1% Iron 15.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Using water and sugar, prepare sugar syrup in a saucepan and set aside.
2. Shape some honey melon into small balls with a scoop as garnishing.
3. Liquidise the remaining honey melon. Chill in the refrigerator.
4. Put sago into a pot of boiling water and cook till transparent.
5. Pour into a sieve, rinse with running tap water and drain.
6. Mix sago, honey melon juice, thick coconut milk, salt, syrup and ice cubes in a big mixing bowl.
7. Dish into small bowls or sundae glasses, and garnish with honey melon balls.
8. Serve cold as a dessert after meals.