- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sage and Onion Dumplings Recipe
|Brown breadcrumbs||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Mashed potatoes||2 Tablespoon|
|Butter||1 Tablespoon, melted|
|Onion||1 , finely chopped|
|Dried sage||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Brown sugar||1 Teaspoon|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (As Needed)|
Calories 381 Calories from Fat 71
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.5%
Saturated Fat 4.3 g21.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 16.1 mg
Sodium 522.1 mg21.8%
Total Carbohydrates 69 g22.9%
Dietary Fiber 4.9 g19.7%
Sugars 7.5 g
Protein 9 g17.9%
Vitamin A 5.3% Vitamin C 19%
Calcium 11.1% Iron 20.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pan, put together onion, seasonings, sugar and a little water for cooking; cook for about 5 minutes until onions are tender.
2. Drain well reserving liquid.
3. Add 2-3 tablespoons of cooking liquid to breadcrumbs.
4. Mash cooked onions.
5. In a bowl, put together all ingredients and season to taste; mix well.
6. Flour hands and make small balls with the mixture.
7. In a pot of boiling stew or soup, boil the dumplings for 5-8 minutes.
8. In a soup bowl, ladle dumplings along with the cooking liquids.