- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sage Chicken Wings Recipe
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Bacon slices||4 , chopped coarsely|
|Dry white wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dried sage||1 Teaspoon|
|Fresh sage leaves||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 198 Calories from Fat 76
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.3%
Saturated Fat 3 g14.8%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 51 mg
Sodium 271 mg11.3%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.7%
Sugars 0.6 g
Protein 18 g36.4%
Vitamin A 9.1% Vitamin C 4.7%
Calcium 11.1% Iron 13.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash and dry the chicken wings on a kitchen towel
2. Cut the tips of the chicken wings and reserve for making stock.
3. In a large cast iron skillet, heat oil and butter over medium high flame
4. When hot, add the chicken wings and bacon. Stir fry until well browned.
5. Add the seasonings and sage. Toss to mix.
6. Pour in the wine and stir.
7. Cover the pan and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes until the chicken is tender and the wine has reduced to form a glaze on the chicken.
8. Dish out and serve immediately
9. Serve on a bed of Arroz or lemon flavored rice.