- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Oven Roasted Stuffed Turkey Breast Recipe Video
|Onion||1 Large, halved and divided|
|Chicken broth||2 Cup (32 tbs), divided (30% Less Sodium)|
|Egg yolk||1 Medium|
|Parsely||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped (fresh)|
|White bread||3 Cup (48 tbs), torn into 1⁄2 to 1 inch pieces (fresh)|
|Pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon, divided|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon, divided|
|Italian seasoning||1 Tablespoon|
|Walnuts||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), chopped|
|Granny smith apple||2 Large, diced|
|Sage||4 Large, divided (fresh sprigs)|
|Canola oil||2 Tablespoon, divided|
|Turkey breasts||2 Pound, boned, skin on (2 turkey breasts)|
Calories 486 Calories from Fat 205
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.8%
Saturated Fat 5.4 g27.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 129.1 mg43%
Sodium 837.6 mg34.9%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.5%
Dietary Fiber 12.1 g48.2%
Sugars 10.2 g
Protein 39 g77.1%
Vitamin A 31.8% Vitamin C 24.2%
Calcium 45.6% Iron 48%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Dice half the onion and thinly slice the other half.
2) Finely chop 2 tablespoon sage.
3) Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
4) Stuffing: In a skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat and cook the diced onion until caramelized, for about 8 minutes.
5) Stir in the sage along with the apple, walnuts, Italian seasoning and 1⁄4 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
6) Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes until the apples have softened slightly. Remove from heat and set aside to cool completely.
7) In a large bowl, mix the cooled apple-onion mixture with the bread pieces, parsley and egg yolk.
8) Add 1⁄4 cup of the chicken broth to moisten the stuffing so it just holds together. Set aside.
9) Turkey : Place both turkey breasts, skin side down, on a cutting board. Cut horizontally into the thickest part of each breast (but do not cut through) so they open up like a book.
10) Season each of the cut surfaces with the remainder of the salt and pepper.
11) Mould 2 cups of stuffing into a log; place in the middle of one side of the first breast. Fold the meat over to close and use kitchen twine to wrap and tie the rolled turkey in 3 or 4 places. Repeat with second breast.
12) In a roasting pan, scatter the sliced onion along with the remaining sage sprigs. Place the stuffed turkey breasts overtop and brush them with the remaining oil.
13) Add the remaining broth to the pan and cook in centre of oven for 15 minutes.
14) Reduce the heat to 375°F (190°C) and continue to cook for another 40 minutes or until the turkey is done.
15) Remove the turkey from the pan and allow to rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
16) Slice the turkey, arrange on a platter, spoon over the pan juices and serve.