- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Saffroned Rice with Chicken Recipe
|Monosodium glutamate||1 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned tomatoes||1 Pound (1 Can)|
|Saffron rice||6 Ounce (1 Package, Yellow Variety)|
|Sliced black olives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 742 Calories from Fat 360
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 42 g63.9%
Saturated Fat 10 g49.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 195.4 mg
Sodium 1021.6 mg42.6%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.4%
Sugars 0.9 g
Protein 63 g125.3%
Vitamin A 21.6% Vitamin C 29.1%
Calcium 8.1% Iron 19.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Cut the chicken in serving pieces. Sprinkle pieces with monosodium glutamate, salt to taste and paprika.
2) In a skillet, heat the olive oil and add the chicken. Cook till it is browned and remove the chicken from skillet.
3) Put the onion and green pepper in the skillet. Cook till they are tender but not brown.
4) Drain the tomatoes and reserve the liquid.
5) To the reserved liquid, add enough water to make about 2 ½ cups of liquid. Stir liquid into the onion mixture, scraping the brown particles from the skillet’s bottom. Add in the tomatoes, yellow rice and chicken. Bring mixture to boil.
6) Cover the skillet tightly and reduce the heat. Cook on low flame for about 20 minutes. Add the olives and capers. Heat properly.
7) Serve hot.