- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Saffron Rice Recipe
|Saffron||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Olive oil/Salad oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Long grain white rice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
Calories 249 Calories from Fat 83
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.4%
Saturated Fat 3.3 g16.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 10.8 mg3.6%
Sodium 164.8 mg6.9%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.61 g2.4%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 3 g6.7%
Vitamin A 2.5% Vitamin C 0.28%
Calcium 1.5% Iron 2.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a cup mix saffron with 1 tablespoon hot water and set aside.
2. In a medium saucepan heat oil and butter and cook adding rice and salt stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
3. Add saffron mixture and 3 cups water and bring to boiling.
4. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 15 to 20 minutes until liquid is absorbed.
5. Serve with garnish as desired.