- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Saffron Rice Salad Recipe
|Saffron||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Ground cumin||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin||1⁄4 Teaspoon, ground|
|Dry white wine||6 Tablespoon|
|Chicken stock||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs) (Hot)|
|Hot chicken stock||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Italian rice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (For Risotto)|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 , seeded, cut into squares|
|Green pepper square||1 , seeded and cut into squares|
|Pepper red||1⁄2 , seeded and cut into squares|
|Pepper red||1⁄2 , seeded, cut into squares|
|Onion||1⁄2 , chopped|
|Onion||1⁄2 , coarsely chopped|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
|Olive oil||8 Tablespoon|
|Wine vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
Calories 622 Calories from Fat 299
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g51.6%
Saturated Fat 4.7 g23.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 4.5 mg
Sodium 418.4 mg17.4%
Total Carbohydrates 64 g21.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.5%
Sugars 6 g
Protein 11 g21.5%
Vitamin A 24.1% Vitamin C 79.1%
Calcium 2.9% Iron 8.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, combine saffron and cumin with white wine and chicken stock.
2) In a large saucepan, add the saffron mixture with rice, pepper squares, onion, salt and pepper, to taste.
3) Place over medium heat to simmer the liquid, by covering with a lid, until the rice is tender. If the liquid evaporates, add more.
4) In another bowl, combine olive oil and wine vinegar. Sprinkle with finely chopped parsley and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper as per taste.
5) Pour this mixture to the rice salad.
6) Toss well and allow cooling. More oil or vinegar can be added, if required.
7) Serve the rice salad cold with meat kebobs.