- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Saffron Rice Pudding Recipe
|Saffron threads||1 1⁄2 Pinch|
|Pudding rice||6 Ounce (175 Gram)|
|Milk||1 Pint (600 Milliliter)|
|Double cream||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
|Caster sugar||4 1⁄2 Ounce (125 Gram)|
|Lemons||2 , zest shredded finely and juiced|
|Hot water||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 525 Calories from Fat 309
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g52.8%
Saturated Fat 2.3 g11.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 12 mg4%
Sodium 81.1 mg3.4%
Total Carbohydrates 51 g16.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.5%
Sugars 41.2 g
Protein 6 g11.5%
Vitamin A 2.6% Vitamin C 37.5%
Calcium 16.6% Iron 3.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a small cup, soak saffron in water and leave for 5 minutes.
2) In a saucepan, place together pudding rice, milk, cream, caster sugar and half the lemon zest.
3) Heat the rice mixture to boil.
4) Lower the heat and simmer gently for 20-25 minutes, until the rice is tender and the mixture is thickened.
5) Mix in the soaked saffron water and lemon juice, in the rice mixture.
6) Portion the Saffron Rice Pudding into serving bowls.
7) Dredge the pudding with the remaining shredded lemon zest.