- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Saffron Rice And Almond Salad Recipe
|Long grain rice||8 Ounce (1 Cup, 225 Gram)|
|Water||1 Pint (2 1/2 Cups, 600 Milliliter)|
|Saffron threads||1⁄2 Teaspoon, infused for 1/2 hour in hot water|
|Hot water||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Wine vinegar||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Olive oil||45 Milliliter (3 Tablespoon)|
|Blanched almonds||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Red chilies||2 , seeded, rinsed and thinly sliced (Chilies)|
Calories 478 Calories from Fat 223
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40%
Saturated Fat 2.8 g13.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 75.1 mg3.1%
Total Carbohydrates 53 g17.6%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.3%
Sugars 2.9 g
Protein 10 g20.3%
Vitamin A 2.1% Vitamin C 14.2%
Calcium 6.9% Iron 9.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a saucepan, heat water along with salt and saffron. Put the rice, and bring to the boil. Simmer on low heat for cooking covered for about 20 to 25 minutes till the water evaporates and rice is soft.
2) Turn off the heat and keep rice aside.
3) In a bowl, mix together parsley, vinegar, oil and sugar. Pour the mixture into the hot rice. Stir well to mix.
4) Put the rice in refrigerator for few hours until it's chilled.
5) The chilled rice can be mixed with chillies as per choice.
6) Before serving, grill the almonds or lightly roast it in a oven till brown. While toasting the almond, keep in mind to shake the pan frequently to avoid burning the almond. Make pieces of the almond and sprinkle it over the rice. Serve immediately.
Don't let this salad stand for a long time before serving as the almond might loose crunch. Once the rice and almond is mixed, serve this dish immediately.