- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Saffron Cream Sauce Recipe Video
|Double cream||200 Milliliter|
|Sea salt/Pepper||2 Tablespoon (use as per taste)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1062 Calories from Fat 988
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 110 g168.9%
Saturated Fat 2.7 g13.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 372.2 mg
Sodium 9340.9 mg389.2%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.03 g0.1%
Sugars 0.7 g
Protein 14 g28.3%
Vitamin A 8.6% Vitamin C 0.89%
Calcium 4.7% Iron 9.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Separate the eggs, saving the whites for another recipe.
2. Into a small saucepan place the saffron strands, add 2 tablespoons of water and bring to the boil.
3. Remove from the heat and leave to stand for a while to allow the flavor and color to infuse.
4. When ready to use, reheat the saffron water , add the cream and bring just to the boil with constant stirring.
5. Remove from the heat, beat in the egg yolks and season to taste.
6. Keep the saffron cream sauce warm in a bain marie until required and serve or use as desired.
Take care to not allow the saffron cream sauce to boil, as this may cause the egg yolks to cook further into a sort of scrambled egg and separate from the cream.