- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Saffron Cream Sauce Recipe
|Chicken stock/Lamb / herbed stock||6 Tablespoon|
|Saffron strands||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Double cream||4 Tablespoon|
|Pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 367 Calories from Fat 319
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g54.6%
Saturated Fat 1.8 g8.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 187.8 mg
Sodium 534.5 mg22.3%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g2.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.35 g1.4%
Sugars 1.5 g
Protein 6 g11.7%
Vitamin A 4.6% Vitamin C 2.3%
Calcium 2.8% Iron 5.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a microwavable jug, drop the saffron strands along with the stock and microwave uncovered for 1 minute
2) Allow the saffron strands to rest but give it a couple of quick stirs in between.
3) Fold in the cream and microwave uncovered for 1 1/2 more minutes.
4) Next, add in the egg yolk and quickly whisk the creamy saffron mixture, add salt, pepper before microwaving uncovered for 30 seconds on MEDIUM.
5) Serve the Saffron Cream Sauce as a main dish.