- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sabudana Chakri Chakli or Murukku - Indian Snack Recipe Video
|Tapioca pearls||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), soaked in water for 1 hour, drained well (Sabudana or Sago)|
|Potato||1 Medium, peeled, steamed|
|Ground cumin seed||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Carom seeds||1⁄4 Teaspoon, ground|
|Fresh lime juice||To Taste|
|Ginger paste||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Green chili paste||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Rice flour||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 118 Calories from Fat 1
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.14 g0.22%
Saturated Fat 0.03 g0.14%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 108.6 mg4.5%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5%
Sugars 1.2 g
Protein 1 g2.3%
Vitamin A 1.6% Vitamin C 15.3%
Calcium 1.2% Iron 4.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Need1. Cooking baking tray
2. Wax paper
3. Chakri maker / Cake frosting bag
1. Soak a cup of tapioca pearls (sabudana) in water for 60 minutes. Drain well to remove all the water from it.
2. Wash and peel a medium size potato. Using a pressure cooker/steamer and steam it. Once done, let it cool, then shred it.
3. Line a baking tray with wax paper and set aside.
4. In a bowl add the shredded potato, drained sabudana, salt, sugar, ground cumin and carom seeds. Add a few drops of fresh lime juice, ginger and green chili paste. Mix to combine all the ingredients well.
5. Add a tablespoon of rice flour and combine to get the right consistency of the mix.
6. Fill the prepared mixture into the chakri maker (chef uses the cake frosting bag as an alternate option) and roll out chakris onto the wax paper lined baking tray.
7. Keep the tray out under the sun and dry out the chakris completely.
8. Once dried completely, place them on a plate and pop it into the microwave oven for 30 seconds.
9. Serve as a snack.
To make the sabudana soft, they can be steamed along with the potato.
The sabudana chakri may be baked as well as deep fried.