- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sablé Biscuits Recipe Video
|Castor sugar||100 Gram|
|Vanilla essece||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1740 Calories from Fat 765
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 87 g133.8%
Saturated Fat 53 g264.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 401.1 mg133.7%
Sodium 75.8 mg3.2%
Total Carbohydrates 215 g71.7%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.2%
Sugars 101.1 g
Protein 22 g43.8%
Vitamin A 54.3% Vitamin C
Calcium 7% Iron 43.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200c/180c fan
2. In a large mixing bowl cream butter and caster sugar the mixture is nice and smooth.
3. Then add the egg and a couple of drops of vanilla essence and mix in well.
4. Finally add sieved plain flour and mix until all the flour is incorporated.
5. Then put cling film on the bowl and put in the fridge for at least 2-3 (This will make the mixture firmer and much easier to roll out.)
6. Take the mixture from the fridge and dust your work-top and your rolling pin with flour.
7. You then start rolling out the biscuit mix until it is about 1/2cm in depth. Using a cutter you cut out your biscuit shapes and put them onto a non-stick baking sheet or parchment paper.
8. Put them into the oven for 5-8 minutes.
9. You will know when they are ready as they will start to brown on the outside but keep an eye on them as they don't take long.
10. Cool them down on a wire rack
11. Serve these as an accompaniment to crème brûlée, chocolate mousse or lemon posset though they are equally as nice just with a hot drink.