- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rye and Cola Bread for the Bread Machine - Part 2 Recipe Video
|Cola||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Sea salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Flax seed||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground caraway||1 Teaspoon (or caraway seeds-2 tablespoons)|
|Bread flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Rye flour||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Yeast||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon (bread machine yeast)|
|Rolled oats||1 Tablespoon (Optional)|
Calories 278 Calories from Fat 57
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.2%
Saturated Fat 2.3 g11.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 8.1 mg
Sodium 261 mg10.9%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g16.1%
Dietary Fiber 8 g31.8%
Sugars 5.3 g
Protein 9 g17.5%
Vitamin A 2% Vitamin C 0.34%
Calcium 3.8% Iron 12.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In breads machine reservoir, add cola and butter.
2. Drop salt, flax seed, and ground caraway in it.
3. Throw bread and rye flour in reservoir.
4. Make a well in the middle of the flour in the bread machine reservoir, and put yeast in it.
5. Turn on the machine to the dark dough cycle, if you have one.
6. Scrape the sides and blend until the ingredients incorporate well.
7. Cover and allow it to sit and rise. Sprinkle rolled oats on top.
8. Allow it to bake. Once baked open the lid of bread machine, and allow it to cool for about 10 minutes.
9. Take bread out of reservoir, and let it rest for another 5 minutes.
10. Cut in slices and serve bread with melted butter.
Bread machine yeast blooms and rises faster than traditional ones.
If your flour looks too wet then add more flour, about 1 tablespoon at a time, and if it is too dry and 1 teaspoon of water at a time to get desired consistency.
You can also use tea instead of water.
You can sift flour if you want your bread to be lighter and fluffy.
Normally this type of bread takes 2 hours 35 minutes to bake.