- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Ryan's Escargot Recipe Recipe Video
|Canned escargot snails||14 Ounce|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened|
|Shallot||1 , minced|
|Garlic clove||4 , minced|
|Clove||4 , crushed|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Herb de provence||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 261 Calories from Fat 210
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.9%
Saturated Fat 14.5 g72.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 181.5 mg
Sodium 632.1 mg26.3%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.6%
Sugars 0.2 g
Protein 10 g19.5%
Vitamin A 17.4% Vitamin C 5.9%
Calcium 10.7% Iron 6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedSnail shells - 20
1. In a bowl, place butter, shallot, garlic, clove, herbs de provence, lemon juice, and salt, combine well. Refrigerate until the mixture turns semi-firm.
2. Wash the snails and soak in white wine for about 15 minutes.
3. Pre-heat the oven to 400F.
4. In a shell, stuff 1/2 teaspoon of butter and a snail. Repeat the process for all snail shells.
5. In a baking tray, arrange the shells with the opening facing upward. Sprinkle parmesan cheese.
6. Bake at 400F for 10 to 12 minutes.
7. In a plate, place some orange slices, arrange the snail shells on sides and serve.