- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Ruth Dove's Coconut Pound Cake Recipe
|Cake flour||4 Cup (64 tbs), sifted|
|Eggs||10 , separated|
|Butter||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Flaked coconut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 8084 Calories from Fat 3988
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 452 g696.1%
Saturated Fat 271 g1354.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 3082.4 mg
Sodium 766.5 mg31.9%
Total Carbohydrates 891 g296.9%
Dietary Fiber 68.9 g275.4%
Sugars 408.8 g
Protein 152 g304.5%
Vitamin A 273.6% Vitamin C 1.1%
Calcium 80.3% Iron 59.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2) Lightly grease two 9X5X3-inch loaf pan and dust with flour.
3) Ina a bowl, beat the egg whites until soft peak and doubled in volume.
4) Add in 1/4 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, stirring continuously until meringue forms firm peaks.
5) In a large mixer bowl, beat together butter or margarine, remaining sugar, and egg yolks.
6) Beat at high speed for three minutes and add in vanilla.
7) Add in flour, beating at low speed, until blended.
8) Lightly fold the flour mixture in meringue.
9) Mix in coconut.
10) Spoon the flour mixture evenly into loaf pans.
11) Bake in the oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
12) Allow the cakes to cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes.
13) Using a knife loosen the edges and turn out the cakes on racks.
14) Leave until completely cooled.
15) Slice and serve dusted with icing sugar.
To make slicing easier, wrap cooled cake in foil or transparent wrap and store overnight.