- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rustic Tomato Pancetta Pasta Recipe
|Ricotta cheese||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Pancetta/Other unsmoked slab bacon||8 Ounce, rind discarded, cut into 1/2-inch cubes|
|Shallots||1 Cup (16 tbs), coarsely chopped|
|Flat leaf parsley||1 Cup (16 tbs), coarsely chopped|
|Sun-dried tomatoes||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Ripe plum tomatoes||4 , seeded and cut into 1/2-inch pieces|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Large tubular pasta||12 Ounce, dried (Such As Rigatoni)|
Calories 666 Calories from Fat 328
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g56.3%
Saturated Fat 16.1 g80.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 89.4 mg
Sodium 1019.8 mg42.5%
Total Carbohydrates 53 g17.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.1%
Sugars 5.1 g
Protein 28 g55.8%
Vitamin A 42% Vitamin C 35.5%
Calcium 32.8% Iron 14.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a large bowl and place the ricotta in it.
2) In a large non-stick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of oil over medium heat.
3) Sauté pancetta in it for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the fat is rendered.
4) Using a slotted spoon, transfer the pancetta to the bowl with the ricotta.
5) In the rendered fat and oil, over medium-low, sauté shallots for about 10 minutes until they are wilted and then add it to the ricotta using a slotted spoon.
6) To the ricotta, mix 1 tablespoon of parsley, sun-dried tomatoes, plum tomatoes, salt and pepper.
7) Just before serving, allow a large pot of salted water to come to a boil.
8) Mix in remaining tablespoon of oil and pasta and cook the pasta until just tender.
9) Drain the pasta, saving 1/2 cup of cooking liquid.
10) Toss the drained pasta with the ricotta mixture, mixing in about 2 tablespoons of the reserved cooking liquid.
11) Pour in more liquid, according to taste, if the sauce needs to have a creamy texture.
12) Add seasonings to taste.
13) Garnish with the remaining tablespoon of parsley and serve at once.