- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Whole Roasted Chicken and Vegetable Recipe: So Simple Recipe Video
|Whole chicken||5 Pound|
|Carrot||5 , peeled, cut to chunks|
|Red potatoes||12 , chopped or left whole|
|Yellow onion||1 Medium, sliced thickly|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), divided (2, minced- vegetables; 1 whole- chicken)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1 Tablespoon (as required)|
|Pepper||1 Tablespoon (as required)|
|Melted butter||4 Tablespoon|
|Green apple||1 Medium, sliced|
|Orange||1⁄2 Medium, sliced|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 7289 Calories from Fat 3788
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 422 g648.9%
Saturated Fat 132.8 g664.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1829.9 mg
Sodium 7761.8 mg323.4%
Total Carbohydrates 405 g135.1%
Dietary Fiber 43.4 g173.7%
Sugars 50.2 g
Protein 466 g932%
Vitamin A 1119% Vitamin C 808.6%
Calcium 75.9% Iron 192.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a bowl, put all the chopped vegetables. Pour olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Using clean hands, toss the vegetables well to coat them with the oil.
4. In a casserole dish, put the vegetables and spread evenly in to a layer.
5. Take the chicken and rub the cavity with salt and pepper generously.
6. Brush the outer skin generously with melted butter all over and sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.
7. Fill the cavity with orange, apple and garlic clove.
8. Tie the legs with a kitchen twine or seal the cavity with a toothpick and place the chicken with the vegetables into the casserole dish.
9. Bake for around 2 hours or till the chicken is golden brown and vegetables are tender and cooked.
10. Remove from oven and let it sit for a few minutes before serving.
11. In a serving plate, carve and serve the chicken with the vegetable and a side dish of your choice.