- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Russian Tipsy Cake Recipe
|Unsweetened chocolate||1 Ounce|
|Caster sugar||5 Ounce|
|Flour||2 1⁄4 Ounce, very well sifted with a pinch of salt|
|Sugar syrup||3 Tablespoon, flavored with brandy / rum|
|Double cream||1⁄2 Pint|
|Vanilla essence||3 Drop|
|Chocolate||2 Ounce (1 Block, For Making Caraque)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2809 Calories from Fat 1468
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 165 g254.1%
Saturated Fat 22.9 g114.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 482.2 mg160.7%
Sodium 462.4 mg19.3%
Total Carbohydrates 289 g96.2%
Dietary Fiber 10.2 g40.7%
Sugars 174 g
Protein 32 g64.2%
Vitamin A 11.1% Vitamin C
Calcium 13% Iron 71.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Grease the tin and dust with caster sugar and sifted flour.
2) Heat the oven at 375°F or Mark 5.
3) In a saucepan, add water and chocolate and cream till a thick sauce, then cool.
4) For the sponge cake, in a bowl, combine eggs and sugar and stand over a pan of hot water till it is thick and creamy.
5) Take off from the heat and beat till the mix is cold.
6) Add in the flour by folding in.
7) Evenly divide the mix in two. To one portion, add the prepared chocolate and add the extra tablespoon of flour to the other.
8) Transfer the two mixes into the tin, alternating spoonfuls of light and dark.
9) With a knife, give a marbled effect and place in oven for 40-50 minutes or till the cake appears done. Cool.
10) Divide and spoon some of the flavored syrup over both halves.
11) In a bowl, add the cream and whip and sweeten and flavor with vanilla essence.
12) Spread the cream over the cake and keep aside the rest.
13) Reshape and moisten the cake using syrup.
14) Top the cake with chocolate caraque and cream.