- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
|Chicken livers||1⁄2 Pound (Use About 6 Pieces)|
|Canned water chestnuts||18|
|Bacon slices||9 , cut in half|
|Scallions||9 , sliced thin lengthwise|
|Soy sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Curry powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 161 Calories from Fat 42
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.3%
Saturated Fat 1.6 g7.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 199.5 mg
Sodium 1936.8 mg80.7%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9%
Sugars 1.4 g
Protein 14 g28.5%
Vitamin A 132.5% Vitamin C 29.1%
Calcium 3.8% Iron 40.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the broiler.
2) Cut each chicken liver into 3 pieces and fold over a water chestnut.
3) Wrap a bacon strip and sliced scallion around the chestnut roll and secure each kabob with a wooden pick.
4) In the soy sauce, ginger and curry powder mixture, marinate the kabob for 1 hour.
5) Drain and place under a preheated broiler for about 5 minutes, turning occasionally, until the bacon is cooked through.
6) Serve immediately in a nice plate.