- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rum Tortoni Recipe
|Almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Toasted)|
|Toasted coconut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shredded|
|Seedless dark raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla ice cream||1 Quart|
|Rum extract||3 Teaspoon|
Calories 244 Calories from Fat 117
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.4%
Saturated Fat 7.1 g35.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 34.7 mg
Sodium 65.2 mg2.7%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g9.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.7%
Sugars 22.8 g
Protein 4 g9%
Vitamin A 6.6% Vitamin C 1.1%
Calcium 12.1% Iron 3.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, place together almonds, coconut and raisins.
2) In another bowl, stir ice cream until of thin consistency.
3) Mix in the rum extract and almond mixture quickly.
4) Drop a spoon full into paper cups in 2 1/2-inch muffin tins.
5) Place the muffin tins in freezer until slightly freeze.
6) Top the almond mixture with cherries.
7) Freeze the almond mixture until firm.
8) Take the muffin tray out of freezer just before serving.
9) Serve chilled.