- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rum Cream Recipe
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Teaspoon|
|Granulated sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Confectioners sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla bean/1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract||1 Inch|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1022 Calories from Fat 464
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 53 g81%
Saturated Fat 31.2 g156.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 360.8 mg120.3%
Sodium 867.5 mg36.1%
Total Carbohydrates 82 g27.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.6%
Sugars 52.8 g
Protein 39 g78.8%
Vitamin A 41.9% Vitamin C 1.2%
Calcium 27.2% Iron 11.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In small saucepan mix well adding gelatin, granulated sugar, flour and dash salt.
2. In a bowl beat egg yolk with milk and rum.
3. Add to gelatin mixture and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly with wire whisk, until mixture is thickened and comes to boiling.
4. Pour into medium bowl set bowl in pan of ice and water and let it stand, stirring occasionally, until mixture begins to set for about 8 to 10 minutes.
5. Fold in beaten egg white.
6. In a bowl beat cream with confectioners' sugar and fold into gelatin mixture.
7. Stir in vanilla and refrigerate until ready to use—at least 30 minutes.
8. Use with tarts and pies for topping and garnish.