- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rum Parfait Recipe
|Castor sugar||3 Ounce (75 Gram)|
|Almonds||2 Ounce, flaked and toasted (50 Gram)|
|Double cream||1⁄4 Pint|
Calories 397 Calories from Fat 240
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.7%
Saturated Fat 2.1 g10.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 211.5 mg
Sodium 70.2 mg2.9%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.9%
Sugars 22.2 g
Protein 10 g19.5%
Vitamin A 4.9% Vitamin C
Calcium 6.4% Iron 8.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Separate the eggs, cracking the yolks into a large mixing basin and the whites into a second basin.
2) Add the sugar to the egg yolks and, using a wooden spoon, beat until light and creamy.
3) Stir in the rum and the toasted almonds.
4) Lightly whip the cream and stiffly beat the egg whites.
5) Fold the cream and then the egg whites into the mixture.
6) Blend gently but thoroughly.
7) Pour into a 2-pint (generous 1-litre) polythene container.
8) Cover and freeze for 5 -6 hours or overnight.
9) Spoon into individual glasses and decorate with glace cherries.
10) Serve with macaroons or small meringues.