- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rum Kuchen Recipe
|Cake yeast||2 Ounce|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), scalded and cooled|
|Flour||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Eggs||3 , well beaten|
|Grated lemon rind||1 Teaspoon|
|Rum glaze||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 666 Calories from Fat 250
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g43.7%
Saturated Fat 16.3 g81.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 221.9 mg
Sodium 704.1 mg29.3%
Total Carbohydrates 89 g29.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.7%
Sugars 32.4 g
Protein 14 g28.7%
Vitamin A 19.2% Vitamin C 4.2%
Calcium 7.4% Iron 24.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven at 350°.
2) In a bowl take 2 tablespoons warm water and dissolve yeast in it.
3) Mix milk.
4) Stir in 1/4 cup flour and vanilla.
5) In a bowl cream butter and sugar together.
6) Add egg, salt, lemon rind and a cup of flour.
7) Blend all the ingredients together adding little quantity of remaining 1 cup flour at a time.
8) Grease 6-cup ring mold with butter and place the dough in it.
9) Let stand and rise till double.
10) Bake for 30 minutes.
11) To prepare rum glaze, take 1 cup water in saucepan and stir in 1/2 cup sugar.
12) Let it boil to dissolve sugar.
13) Stir in 1 tablespoon butter and 2 tablespoons light or dark rum.
14) Spread the glaze over baked kuchen. With a knife making small holes to allow glaze penetrate into the cake.
15) Chill the Kuchen if desired.
16) Serve warm or cold.